September 14, 2016

Fall 2016 Beauty Favorites

Processed with VSCO with c2 preset

Pictured Lipstick: Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in shade “Amulet” paired with 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in “Nighthawk.”

My inspiration for this Fall is effortless. I’m trading out the perfectly coifed beach waves for a “less done” style liken to next day hair. Makeup is bare with polished pops of bold color. It’s clean and crisp, with a soft bite, just like the Autumn air.

Pureoloy Colour Stylist Root Lift $25 Found at Sephora, Ulta, and Hair Salons.

Even though I don’t color my hair, I love this product because it builds lift for my roots without making the crown of my head tacky and heavy. //How I use it- after towel drying my hair, I spray half second sprays on different sections of my scalp, then comb through my roots so the produscreen-shot-2016-09-13-at-11-14-59-pmct evenly distributes. After round brush blow-drying my hair 50-60%, I switch to a finer comb focusing the blow dryer onto my roots. Comb the roots upward while blow-drying the hair to 90%. For the remaining 10% I let my hair air dry while I put on my makeup. Prepping my hair with a root lift product makes a big different in how my hair performs for the next few days and styles. For me, this step is the difference between my hair looking put together vs. looking like a middle schooler.

Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray $44 Found at Department Stores and Hair Salons.

Earlier this Summer, I talked about this product being a game changer.

Let me reiterate and drive the point home, if you haven’t purchased this for yourself yet, go ahead and order some right now. #WorthTheSplurge

screen-shot-2016-09-13-at-11-16-19-pmIf you have the hair type that insists on being smooth and texture-less, if your hairstyles tend to fall out within the hour, you need this product. //How I use it– Whether I am wearing my hair straight or wavy, before I fluff my hair I’ll spray small amounts into the hair I’ll be working with. You only need a little bit. In fact, I think with this product less is more so it can work with your hair’s natural texture.

 

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette $42 

Creamy soft, blendable, pigmented. These shadows are the perfect warm intense colors that will flatter any eyeshade for Fall season. Palettes rarely wow me, but the Modern Renaissance Palette is an exception. Each of the 14 shades are gorgeous enough on their own to be sold as individuals, but the combination of the colors when blended together is where this palette really goes the distance. What I like about this palette especially is that there is a clear uniqueness to each shade. It’s not a bunch of shades that end up blending out to look the same. screen-shot-2016-09-13-at-11-19-52-pm

//How I use it. I’m not sure when this will end, but I’ve been on a several month phase of being anti-eyes shadow. Meaning, I haven’t been wanting to spend 5,10,15 minutes creating a flawless eye shadow look on myself. Instead, I’ve been using these shadows as smudgy smokey eye-liners. What this accomplishes is subtle intensity, while leaving the rest of the eye area pretty clean. It’s funny because as a makeup artist, the eyes are supposed to be the playground of the face…but, I just haven’t been into it. Perhaps this will change as we get deeper into the cold months, but for now, I’m happy with as simple eye makeup as possible.

Urban Decay Vice Lipstick $17 Found at Sephora, Ulta, Nordstrom.

screen-shot-2016-09-13-at-11-17-51-pm

Say hello to my new favorite affordable formula of lipstick. Rich color payoff in one quick swipe, comfortable and hydrating on the lips, and lasts hours. It even survives coffee and afternoon tea! For $17 a tube, it’s pretty amazing. I was so impressed with the first tube I bought, “Rock Steady,” I went back to Nordstrom and picked up two more shades…”Amulet” and “Naked” for curious minds.
screen-shot-2016-09-13-at-11-18-13-pm//Pro-Tip: Pair your Vice Lipstick with the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in one shade darker. It’s a trick I’ve been doing for 10 years or so. Line your lips per usual, then, fill in the outer corners with a little extra lip liner. When you apply your lipstick on top, your lips will look fuller and more plump! When people ask me if I’ve had lip injections- I’m always excited to share my little lip trick!

 

MAC Blush in Cantaloupe $17 Found at MAC stores & Nordstrom.

screen-shot-2016-09-13-at-11-19-00-pm

As we transition into Fall and our tans begin to fade, we still want our skin to maintain evidence of a good Summer. Cantaloupe is a shade that truly compliments all skin tones from fair to deep honey. The soft melon tone gives natural looking warmth to the skin, without being overly punchy.

When the lady at the MAC store told me “It’s one of Kim Kardashian’s favorite shades. Her makeup artist uses it on her all the time.” Done. I’ll take two please.

FILED IN: Beauty Tips

comments +

Reply...